Developing a Safety Culture That Gets Recognized
Each day at Faith Technologies, we start out with one goal in mind: that every employee must return home safely. There may be some long and tiring days, but they must return home safely. From company to company, the safety goal is the same, but how we go about it at Faith Technologies is the difference.
I started with Faith Technologies in August of 2019 and have been able to observe most of our operations across the country. A few things stood out to me:
- Leadership: Our leadership’s commitment to safety is unparalleled, with a desire to create a safe working environment for every employee, regardless of function, being at the core of our business practices.
- Training: The investment in annual training weeks in regions across the country, where every employee is incentivized and given the opportunity to learn or refresh any safety and health training relevant to their positions.
- Incentive Programs: Creating an incentive program that encourages employees to participate in extra safety training and in daily knowledge assessment checks.
- Safety Audits: All supervisory level team members are required to participate in site-specific safety audits that not only assist in hazard recognition and abatement, but create real-time analytics to understand the safety performance of site project teams.
- Daily Work Briefings: 360-degree operational risk management (ORM) daily work briefing. Teams are required to identify the scope of work for the day, analyze the hazards associated with the work and develop hazard elimination or control plans.
At Faith Technologies, employees are empowered to control their own safety, to stop work without fear of reprisal, and have been given a voice to provide feedback on what works and what doesn’t. In doing so, our company has created a unified workforce dedicated to the safety of all of its employees, and one that is best-in-class as recognized by industry experts. We are honored to have received the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America Construction Safety Excellence Award for 2020, but as our CEO, Mike Jansen states, we’re just getting started.
Watch our new video, below, and stay tuned for more information coming soon!