Faith Technologies Completes Work on University of Kansas Central District Development Project
Lawrence, Kan. (March 19, 2019) – Faith Technologies, a leading electrical planning, engineering, design and installation expert, in partnership with Clark Construction Group and McCownGordon Construction, recently completed work on expanding the University of Kansas campus through the Central District Development project.
The more than 340,000-square-foot project included a:
- 285,000-square-foot integrated science facility for academic and research science space, including labs, classrooms, offices and meeting space
- 26,500-square-foot student union facility with conference space
- Four-story 595,000-space parking structure to support the additional demand in the Central District
- Central utility plant to support these new facilities and provide future resiliency for the campus
- 55-acre site development including site lighting, fiber duct bank and medium-voltage loop and equipment
- 100 percent LED lighting, including three integrated dimming control systems.
Faith was able to meet the aggressive deadline in this project through the use of two major differentiators:
- Excellerate Manufacturing: 14 percent of Faith’s project hours were moved to Excellerate, increasing productivity, as well as providing new and innovative products that saved time and gave the customer a better product.
- Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) / Preconstruction: Due to the complexity and magnitude of the project, Faith knew it would need to pre-plan and work as efficiently as possible. Faith completed nearly 12,000 hours of VDC / Preconstruction work offsite.