Enjoy a Safe Independence Day!
Summertime is here, and with it come many fun activities that we look forward to year after year. Many of us enjoy summer holidays with family gatherings, food, games and outdoor activities. While fireworks are a great way to add to the celebration, it is important to remember safety tips to keep yourself and your family and friends safe.
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket, or shoot them into metal or glass containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and placing in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
- FAA regulations prohibit the possession and transportation of fireworks in checked baggage or carry-on luggage.
- Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire or police department.
Following these safety tips can help ensure that your holiday celebrations remain a time to sit back, relax and enjoy the time with your family and friends.
From all of us at Faith Technologies, Happy 4th of July!
Source: The National Council on Fireworks Safety