November 20, 2012
Many Reasons to Give Thanks
At Faith Technologies, we are thankful for the many business relationships we have developed and maintained over the past year, and even more thankful for our hardworking, dynamic team of employees. It’s their commitment and dedication year round that has made our company successful. In the spirit of the holiday season, we asked employees to share what the holidays mean to them, what they’re thankful for, and what traditions they celebrate with their families each year. Below are a few of the responses they shared:
What do the holidays mean to you?
- “For me, the holidays are a great time to gather with family and remember the most important parts of life. It is a great opportunity to look back at the year and be thankful for all the great experiences and people around us. It is truly wonderful to be able to share these times with my children and build new traditions that will hopefully one day continue with their families.” – Nicole Daane, Project Coordinator – Sheboygan, Wis. Branch
- “The holidays are when I take the time to remember the past, consider the future and how fortunate my family and I truly are. I remind myself to recognize everything, and to focus and appreciate all that is good, especially the simple things that exist.” –Ken Baumgart, Regulatory & Tax Accounting Specialist – Menasha, Wis. Headquarters
What are you thankful for this holiday season?
- “I’m thankful for friends and family who are supportive, kind, and generous. I’m thankful that I have a good job in an economy where that could be untrue. I’m thankful for the men and women who fight to serve and protect our country every day. I am most thankful for the freedoms we have and my faith in God, which makes all of these possible.” – David Jahner, Regional Vice President – Lenexa, Kan. Branch
- “I am thankful for my children, love, my health, and my career. Thankful for my children because they help me understand the meaning of unconditional love. Thankful for love because that one special person, my family, and my friends let me know how important I am to them each and every day. Thankful for my health so that I can be around to enjoy all that is wonderful in my life. Last, I am thankful for the career Faith Technologies has given me because it allows me to provide for the people I love and give back to others what they have given me.” – Mary Meixl, Specialty Systems Senior Estimator – Appleton, Wis. Branch
What are some traditions you and your family do each year?
- “A turkey was standard at our Thanksgiving dinner for 20 years, until two years ago when everyone mentioned they really didn’t like turkey. So now we have Cornish game hens, which the grandsons really enjoy because they get their own little “chicken” on their plates; they think it’s fun! And there’s still plenty of leftovers for making the homemade pot pie for supper on Saturday night, which marks the end of the deer hunting season at our house.” – Sally Hultquist, Project Coordinator – Marinette, Wis. Branch
- “The annual “Pulvermacher Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl” is a grid iron battle between all of the moms, dads, kids, cousins, grandparents, and whoever cares to join. Somehow the kids always end up winning… I think they cheat!” – Scott Pulvermacher, Branch Manager – Milwaukee, Wis. Branch
This year, consider Thanksgiving more than just a day off work. Be reminded of the freedoms and opportunities you enjoy each day, remember the people who truly deserve your thanks, and enjoy the company of your family, loved ones, and friends.
On behalf of Faith Technologies, we wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!